Gutters are an important part of your home’s infrastructure – they’re the keystone to the survival of your home. They protect your home’s foundation by channeling water away from its base. They also prevent erosion. So not having gutters is not an option, but neither is having clogged ones. But cleaning gutters can be an annoying and dangerous task.
A lot of homeowners opt for gutter guards. Gutter guards are designed to keep debris and animals out of your gutters, while keeping the water flowing away from the house. We could spend several paragraphs debating which guard is best, but shouldn’t the real question be “Should I even get gutter guards?”
First let’s talk about the pros:
- They can be fitted to any existing gutter. Installation is often quick and can be placed or attached to your existing gutters.
- They really do prevent birds and rodents from nesting. A common problem with gutters is that they are a natural habitat for pests.
- You won’t need to clean your gutters as often. Guards will keep your gutters clean for longer.
- By preventing clogs stagnant water is eliminated. Mosquitos and other annoying bugs love stagnant water for breeding.
- Guards can prolong the life of your gutters by preventing premature rusting. Nothing destroys metal more than water soaked debris.
Gutter Boyz of Kentucky are your locally owned professionals for all things gutter related. We serve Paducah, KY and all the surrounding counties. If gutter guards are something you have an interest in, give us a call at Gutter Boyz of Kentucky for a FREE ESTIMATE today at (270) 906-3055 or CLICK HERE to contact us!