When people think of gutter cleaning or replacement, they often view it in terms of how much money it will cost them to do it. But they don’t realize the potential cost savings that well-maintained gutters provide for a homeowner. Here are five examples of how gutters actually save you money.
- Foundation repair. This is the mother-of-all repair costs that a homeowner wants to avoid. Without a properly-working gutter, rainwater tumbles down to the base of the home near the foundation. Over time, the excessive moisture can cause the foundation to buckle, crack, or shift. Foundation repair bills rarely come in under $5,000 and can run as high is $40,000 – and it’s nearly impossible to sell a house that has a compromised foundation.
- Flooded basements. If that runoff water collects near your basement, it tends to find a way inside through wall spaces or windows (path of least resistance). Then it can start doing some real damage – to your basement walls, ceilings, flooring, furniture, and appliances. Those costs could run as high as $10,000 – after you shell out up to $5,000 to have the standing water pumped out and your basement dried out.
- Flooded landscaping. That beautifully-ornate landscaping near your home? It can dissolve or be washed away if enough runoff water is permitted to fall into it. If you pay a landscaping service to repair it, you’re looking at a bill that could run up to $7,000 in some cases. But no amount of money will replace the hard work and sweat that you spent getting the landscaping just the way you wanted it.
- Exterior damage. If your gutters are either clogged or leaking, the water may start to seep out of them and into your home’s exterior. That could lead to rotting fascia boards and siding, as well as peeling or chipping paint. To fix these problems, you’ll need to replace the decaying wood and/or repaint areas of your home – which could cost you as much as $5,000.
- Mold and Mildew. Water that is misdirected may not stop at your home’s exterior. If moisture penetrates your roofline or your basement, it could seep into your ceilings, attic, or crawl spaces and facilitate the growth of mildew and mold. It only takes several days for these toxic substances to form, and it’ll cost up to $3,000 to eradicate this health hazard.
Gutter Boyz of Kentucky can help you save money! For all of your gutter needs give us a call today at (270) 906-3055 or CLICK HERE to contact us today. Gutter Boyz of Kentucky serves most of Western Kentucky!